Child Relocation And Move Aways

New jobs, remarriages, changes in the economy and many other things can cause a family to move to another county or state. However, such moves will typically put a dramatic hindrance on any existing visitation schedules. As such, parents wishing to relocate with their child must notify the other parent and request approval from the court prior to the move.

When a custodial parent wants to move out of Texas with a child, the child custody agreement must be modified, and this is best addressed with the help of an experienced lawyer. Call me to talk about how child custody modification law may apply to your unique situation.

I can help you demonstrate to the court how the move will be in the best interests of your child and work with you to modify the existing visitation plan so that it will not hinder the child's relationship with the noncustodial parent. I also offer services for out-of-state parents.

Board Certified Family Law Attorney

I am attorney Bruce C. Zivley. I am board certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and have been providing highly effective family law representation to my clients for more than 30 years. Any possible relocation can create real dilemmas for both parents. The court is going to look for evidence to support any possible move as being in the best interests of the child. I can help you present a strong case in pursuit of or opposition to a potential move away.

Child Relocation Attorney Serving Houston And The Surrounding Areas

Turn to Bruce C. Zivley, Attorney at Law, for representation that can help you through the challenges of a potential move away. To schedule a free initial consultation, call 281-506-0047 or toll free at 888-837-2157, or contact my office online.

Contact Us

"Bruce handled my divorce. He was efficient and effective, always responsive and accessible. He provided great advice and kept the discussion fact-based and objective when I was occasionally tempted to focus on emotional aspects of the situation.*"

Holly B.


Houston Office

2 Greenway Plaza
Ste 600
Houston, TX 77046

Open Today 9:00am - 5:00pm


Contact Us