Changing Child Custody Needs

Modification Of Child Custody And Visitation

As families change and children grow, court orders regarding joint physical custody, legal custody and visitation sometimes need to be changed. When they do, parents can contact me for efficient and effective legal representation regarding modification of child custody.

At Bruce C. Zivley, Attorney at Law, I have been helping Houston families for 30 years. One of my greatest sources of pride is the assistance I've given to parents, as I've helped many develop and strengthen the relationships they have with their children after a traumatic divorce or separation.

I am board certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. I have in-depth knowledge of Texas law on the modification of child custody or visitation.

Changes In Your Family? Get Your Court Order Modified.

If you are being affected by a court order for child custody or visitation, I can help you ask the court to modify or enforce the order. Texas courts look at families' situations when they are considering granting modifications of child custody.

The courts look at specific factors, primarily whether the modification is in thebest interests of the child. They usually look to see if circumstances have materially and substantially changed since the court made the order, and they can take into account changes in each child's residence and the care a parent is able to give.

Examples of material or substantial changes that may support a modification of custody or visitation include:

  • Serious illness or disability of either parent
  • Special needs of the child
  • Child abuse or neglect
  • Failure to comply with a custody or visitation order
  • Chemical dependency
  • Relocation or move away
  • Other factors

Child Custody Modifications Lawyer Serving Houston And The Surrounding Areas

Please contact my Houston, Texas, law office online to set up an appointment, or call 888-837-2157 for a free phone consultation. On weekends and evenings, you may reach my voicemail by calling 281-506-0047.

Contact Us

"Bruce handled my divorce. He was efficient and effective, always responsive and accessible. He provided great advice and kept the discussion fact-based and objective when I was occasionally tempted to focus on emotional aspects of the situation.*"

Holly B.


Houston Office

2 Greenway Plaza
Ste 600
Houston, TX 77046

Open Today 9:00am - 5:00pm


Contact Us