Bruce C. Zivley, Attorney at Law

Free Phone Consultation


30 Years

of Family Law Experience

November 2014 Archives

When a parent wants to relocate

In Texas it is common for one ex-spouse after a divorce to wish to relocate to a new city or state in a quest for better job prospects or an improved quality of life. However, in cases where the custody of a child is involved, the situation becomes more complex.

How Texas law handles inheritances in property division

When Texas couples divorce, courts will conduct a division of the marital property. As a community property state, Texas treats all property owned by a couple as either marital property, which will be divided equally between the parties, or separate property, which is not subject to division and rather remains with the spouse who owns it.

Board Certified - Texas Board of Legal Specialization

Contact A Texas Board Certified Family Lawyer Since 1991

Call: 281-506-0047 Free Phone Consultation

2 Greenway Plaza Suite 600 Houston, TX 77046 Toll Free: 888-837-2157 Phone: 281-506-0047 Fax: 713-425-5094 Houston Law Office Map

Free Phone Consultation

Back to top